Monday, November 15, 2010 |

Teen Drama Intervention

Before I begin, I have to tell you how much my husband L-O-V-E-S when I write these things about him.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

If you know us well, you will know that we have been watching our fair share (and a few other peoples') of teen dramas. Mostly since the last bit of my pregnancy with Jack, when I could hardly move and Kris was scared to anger the beast. And then after he was born, to pass those evenings of waiting until the last feed of the evening before you can head to bed, sweet bed. We're still watching.

We've made it through Dawson's Creek, and a few others. Now we're working on One Tree Hill. I think this one is our favourite yet. Teen love for me, basketball drama for him. (The basketball, however, is just a hook, and doesn't have much to do with the show, really. But it makes men feel just a little better about watching it.)

Kris' friends have discovered this pasttime of his. One group of his friends here in town consist largely of trades-working, Conservative-voting, gun-toting hunters who would not be caught dead watching anything slightly resembling a teen drama, never mind admitting they like such things. (We wives know the truth. But nice try, guys.) They're nice men. They're just concerned about Kris. Quite concerned. One of his friends told me a little while ago that if it goes much further, they're thinking about a teen drama intervention. It's for Kris' own good, after all.

I can just imagine it. We're watching Dawson's Creek. The guys break in, camera crew in tow. Kris' face displays shock. Then betrayal. He gets hauled off, all the while fighting and screaming, "But I need to find out if Joey and Pacey end up together! NNNOOOOOO!!!!"

Wait until they find out that Kris knits.

I'm such a lucky woman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.