Friday, November 5, 2010 |

Grade 2 fashion

So I've only worn my not-so-new-anymore skinny jeans out in public once. And that was when Kris and I went up to the city on a date - to a different city where no one knows me. I hardly consider that a victory.

I think I've figured out that they are just too tight on my legs. A little TOO skinny, if you know what I mean.

I ended up at the second hand store last weekend. I seriously LOVE thrift storing. I think it's the thrill I get when I find something perfect. There is just no challenge to finding a shirt you like, and then just sifting through to find your size. Anyways, I discovered something amazing while there:

Royal Blue skinny jeans.

I just kind of thought they were funny, and decided to bring them home just to try. Again, to see how ridiculous they might look. But here's the thing: I love them. I love the way they feel, and the way they fit. They are the most amazing cut of jean I think I have ever worn. Really. And I feel really cutting-edge wearing coloured jeans. (I think those are "in", aren't they?! Sure hope so!)

While at the second hand store, I also found a really great long-shirt-y thing. So I went and bought some leggings. Yup. Leggings. An article of clothing I have not donned since my grade 2 days. (Although I think the ones I wore back then had stirrups - remember those?!) I also got some great black boots. I tried on this outfit, and Kris told me I looked like I was straight out of 1986.

Perfect.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
I do remember those stirrup pants - my husband bought me some skinny jeans after I kept talking to everyone who I saw that my regular jeans are 'mom' jeans. I have worn thm once too - but I did know people :)I bet your blue ones are a step up though!
I like the new look of your blog.
Leah
P. S. I met your father in law briefly at The Rock on Monday :)

Claire said...

I wore mine once too - to Camrose last week - lol.. :)
Also - I love your new blog look and also I read your about me section, and you seriously make my heart sing! ha ha ha :)

got your phone message too, yes, I'll come early one week and we'll go for coffee.

When are you turning your farm land into a commune? :)

Sarah C said...

Leah - you are far braver than I! We should have a skinny jeans 'n wine party one night. All of us mom-jean-wearing ladies can sport our skinnies in a safe place, and talk about it. :) Cool about you meeting Ron. I look forward to hearing about it from him!

Claire - can't wait to do coffee soon. Please wear your jeans, and I'll wear mine. :) About the commune - oh, how I wish we could do it soon. I feel it getting closer, especially as Kris and I are doing some necessary "closet cleaning".

I love the new look too. Too bad it won't work past winter, though!

alisha said...

Sarah, I'm so proud of you!! I felt really weird the first time I wore skinny jeans AND donned the shirt-dress-and-leggings look too, but you very quickly get over the 80's-ness of it and begin to appreciate how hip you really are now ;)

tonia said...

skinny jeans? i wish. :) i say, enjoy them while you can!

it cracks me up to see the 80s revival going on...actually makes me feel kind of like a kid again - frizzy hair, glasses and braces and all.

Anonymous said...

As a lover of the skinny jean, just wear 'em! I am sure you look great. Just have confidence! (I like to wear looser shirts or a bit longer so I don't feel like I'm revealing my whole body to the world)

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.