Tuesday, November 23, 2010 |

The Brother Dynamic

Sibling rivalry.  It has already begun.  

It is really one of the funniest things to watch.  Sam is convinced that his brother is out to get him.  Jack has no clue.  None whatsoever.  He's not even 6 months old.  Sam doesn't get this point, though, despite my best efforts to explain.

Jack scratches the leather couch with his little nails.  "Jack!  Quit scratchin'!  Mom, Jack's scratchin' the couch!"

Jack unknowingly grabs Sam's shirt.  "Let go!  Mom, Jack's got my shirt!"

Jack screams.  Sam screams at him to stop.

And today.  Sam was convinced that Jack was jumping and making a lot of noise in his Exersaucer just to irritate him.  "Mom!  Jack's buggin' me!"  I look over at Jack, who's grinning from ear to ear.  I have to admit, he does look a lot like a kid who's gotten the best of his older sibling, and knows it.  Jack, however, does not know it.  He's just smiling, because that's what he does.  I'm sure the smile just bugged Sam all the more.

These boys really do love each other.  And the little bit of rivalry is normal.  I just didn't anticipate it happening so soon.  But it certainly is funny (for everyone but Sam).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.