Thursday, January 28, 2010 |

My new obsession


I made my order. The cloth diapers should be here soon!

Warning: This may be my new obsession.

I remember my friend Bonnie telling me a while back that there is a whole culture of cloth diapering. It is so true. (And on a side note, while trying to decide if this is for us, or more specifically for KRIS, Bonnie suggested that Kris could go over and have a chat with her husband about it, to see how he, as a dad, enjoyed cloth diapering. We both laughed and thought that would be a hilarious conversation to eavesdrop on.)

I am just so looking forward to being a little nicer to our friend, the Earth, as well as to our friend, the Pocketbook. I'm glad not to be putting chemicals next to my kids' skin 24/7. And I'm excited to put those cute little things on them!

We went with Gro Baby Diapers. Besides all the things we loved about them, they have also committed to having fair treatment and wages in their factories - of which they even have photos on their website. I'm glad they're manufactured responsibly.

My other favourite part is the diaper sprayer we ordered. It hooks into the clean water line of your toilet, and sits nicely on a little hook when not in use (and can be shut off to avoid messes by curious little hands, of which we have 2 and eventually 4!). I'm hoping to save on using the flushable liners by just being able to spray the poop right off into the toilet. I read some reviews on them, and everyone gave a 5/5 and said they're indispensable if you cloth diaper. They also said it's super easy to install - we'll see. :)

I guess I sound like I'm advertising - I'm not. I'm just that excited. And I need things to be excited about these days. So, for right now, it's diapers.

2 comments:

Avey said...

I'm so excited for you! But you forgot to mention how cute these diapers are - which is definitely another bonus:) I think you'll really enjoy cloth.

Claire said...

yay!!!

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.