Friday, January 22, 2010 |

147 million orphans


Today, while reading Kisses from Katie (an amazing blog), I discovered another amazing blog - 147 million orphans. They sell necklaces made from magazines by Ugandan women. They also sell really cool cow bone hoop earrings. I just love the idea - fundraising, recycling, giving hope and dignity to people in a developing country. Check it out. The jewelry would make great presents. Or, to just keep for yourself... :)

Again, it inspires me to be doing something more. It can be so simple.

The restlessness continues...

1 comments:

Claire said...

Sarah - do you know how much of the money they charge goes to the women making them?

Also - if it works out, I just can't wait to hang out with you in March when Matt's at CLBI. We can talk and talk and talk and talk. ;-)

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.