Thursday, February 4, 2010 |

My sleep woes...


I just don't understand it. It feels like we're back to those tired newborn days!

Sam has been such a good sleeper for his entire little life, really. We read a book, put him to bed, say his prayers, kiss goodnight, and shut the door. He would sleep for 12 hours. Naps were similar. He's always really LIKED sleeping. He LIKED going to bed.

And then 2 weeks ago, he started making a bit of a fuss about it all. Turned out, he had tonsillitis, so it all made sense. We felt sad for him, and in the evenings before bed, sometimes pulled him into our bed for 20 minutes or so and watched a bit of a movie together. The tonsillitis cleared up, the bad sleep continued for another few days. Then, it got better! Naps got better, and nighttime sleep was better. It wasn't such a fight to get him to go down, and he would stay down the whole time, even the whole 12 hour nights.

And then it got worse again earlier this week. The night before last, he was awake from 11pm until 2am. I think that was worsened by the coffee ice cream incident. But last night, he did it again - he was awake from 1am until 3am. It's so weird, because once he's calmed down a bit, he lays there for an hour just talking to himself intermittently, not upset at all. But definitely not sleeping. At least he's not screaming. I just can't figure out what is keeping him awake. Teeth? That's the only thing I can think of at this point.

In the meantime, I guess I'll be having naps in the afternoon. And trying to figure out what is up. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else gone through this?

(I apologize for an extremely boring post... it just feels good to get it out!)

1 comments:

Claire said...

2 year molars? growing? learning a new skill/words and wanting to talk? too many/too long naps during the day? who knows!! :) I hope it passes quickly for you though, and I too am glad he's not screaming at least, that is so much worse!

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.