Sunday, September 26, 2010 |

Goodbye to blogging!

I'm going to take a little break from blogging.

Right now, it's just a time in life where I feel like this isn't a good fit for me. I've realized that I struggle a lot with not knowing what to write about, and feeling some weird pressure to write something funny, or meaningful, or deep. But I hardly ever write about what's really on my heart. And the way I see it, this isn't really the appropriate venue to share my heart anyways. I think that should be left for phone calls, or better yet, in person over coffee.

It takes a lot of my focus off what really matters - my family, pouring into my husband and sons, and being intentional with relationships. And it feels a lot like FB to me sometimes - when people "know" what's going on in my life because they read about it here. And not because we shared a conversation, or invested in our relationship. You know?

So let's have coffee sometime instead.


3 comments:

Claire said...

I'll be starting up at the school 1 day a week after thansgiving, maybe we can do a catch up then? or call me next time you come here...

Anonymous said...

Good for you for doing what feels right for you. I think people blog for lots of different reasons - part of me likes the community aspect, but I also like being inspired by other people's stories (which I have been from reading bits of yours). As far as sharing what is on our hearts, personally I think some is blog appropriate and yet totally agree that some is much better shared over a cup of something warm :) or even just kept between me and God. Enjoy your break.

Leah

بروكر said...

I definitely love this site.
https://sites.google.com/view/prokr2020/
https://prokr2020.home.blog/
prokr2020.blogspot.com
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.