Monday, July 26, 2010 |

Something fun for a boring evening?

I find people's personalities fascinating. I've taken a few personality tests in the past, usually for school or work. And it's funny how I'm so blown about how accurate the description of me is. (As if someone other than me provided the data upon which the results are based?!)

Anyways, a while back I was talking with a friend who is just finishing Med school. In one of their classes, the prof had them all take the Myers-Briggs Personality test. His point was that doctors have one trait in common - they're usually adventure-seekers who thrive on stress and adrenaline. And strangely enough, the results of all their tests were very similar. She asked me to take it, as she was interested in what my results would be.

I am an ENFJ (the "giver") - the description of me seems pretty bang-on. (Again, why am I surprised?) So then I had Kris take the test. He turns out to be an ISTJ (the "duty-fulfiller). Again, totally bang-on.

Then, after some searching, I found a website that describes the relationships between each personality type. Using the chart, I found that Kris and I have a relationship of "duality". I was blown away with how much it described how we function together. The funniest thing was how it so accurately described our beginning (Kris being the Introvert of the two of us):

It is difficult to notice your Dual partner among all the other types and even easier to pass them by. Usually during first contact extroverts think about their introvert Dual as ordinary and simple, therefore not deserving their personal attention. In return introverts consider their extrovert Dual to be too good for them and therefore unattainable.

Hah! When I read this all to Kris, we had a good laugh together. (And we were pleasantly surprised to know that we supposedly have some of the most compatible personalities amongst the personality types!) Then, I entered my friend and my personalities. I had to call her and read the description; we just laughed and laughed as it perfectly described our intense, sometimes heated friendship.

Anyways, when you have a moment, follow my links and take the test. Then, have your spouse do the same and see how you match up. Let me know how it turns out!

5 comments:

Avey said...

I did this personality test years ago but wasn't given any result sheet. I remember finding my letters and feeling frustrated that I didn't really know what they meant.

I did it again and am INFJ (similar to yours, except an introvert). It's called a counselor. When I was reading the description, a lot of it described me perfectly. Other things didn't seem to fit at all. But I read those parts out loud to Mark (with disappointment that the test hadn't worked well for me), and he kept laughing and saying, "Avey, that's EXACTLY you." So I think that half the test was bang on, and Mark thinks the rest of it was bang on too. Funny.

Then I asked him to do it and he flat out refused. And now I want to know what he is more than ever.

Claire said...

I haven't done this in ages, but I believe I was an ENFJ as well - which could explain why I think you are my soul-mate in girl form. :)

Funny story about you and Chris. I think possibly Matt is an ENFP but i can't remember for sure either. I should check out those links.

Thanks for sharing!

Claire said...

okay I took the quick test and I am esfp - I'm going to read and see what it says....Holy Crap!! It is so me, it's ridiculous! And as it turns out matt is INFP. We are semi-duality - and this makes me laugh, we are the kind who are passionate than get in a fight, the suddenly make up, the get in a fight again. Anyways - we totally fought and made up in the time I read our descriptions. LOL. This was fun thanks!

Anna said...

Oh, man. I came out as INTJ - "the Mastermind". Ha! Hilarious. Both Brent and I agree that most of it doesn't apply, although they did get the strong will and career in natural science correct. They also said "many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals." Awesome.

Unknown said...

I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this informative article together
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/company-spraying-pesticides-anti-insects-in-al-madina.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/spraying-pesticides-anti-insects-company-in-yanbu.html

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.