Friday, March 11, 2011 |

The Mouths of Babes

I love Sam's age right now.  He is funny, wise, learning to articulate his thoughts and feelings, and SO incredibly precious.

Today at lunch, Kris was a bit grumpy.  Usually the grumpy bum around our house is me.  And that usually occurs before before I've had my morning coffee.  (Maybe that's what I should have given up for Lent?!  I don't want to talk about it...)  So please keep in mind that this particular scenario happens far too often with me as the central character, too.  



Kris was trying to help Sam in the bathroom, and was getting a bit frustrated with some whining and lack of cooperation.  


So Sam, sweet, sweet Sam, responds, "Dad, don't yell at people.  That hurts peoples' feelings."  


Wow, how do you argue with that.  If only we, as adults, could permanently impress such a truth on our own hearts.  



2 comments:

Claire said...

yes, I wish I could impress that on my heart.

Anonymous said...

Amen Sam :)

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.