Thursday, February 3, 2011 |

Sweet, Sweet Treadmill

I recently started running again.

I used to be a really avid runner.  Before I had babies.  I had one baby, and then picked it up again a bit after that.  Then, I had another baby, and suffered from a serious motivation issue.  (The issue being a total lack thereof.)  





It's tough to find time to run when you have a child.  It feels near impossible to find time to run now that I have two children.  


And I just CAN'T bring myself to use up the one time of day that both of my boys sleep to sweat and work.  The same goes for the evenings.


It's any wonder I have a hard time fitting it in.  I have some pretty lofty expectations.  


However, in the midst of this, I have finally found time to fit it in.  And it's been awesome.


Now that I have found a rhythm that works for me, I love my time.  When you have kids, sometimes you'll use whatever you can for a few moments in your thoughts.  Whether that's in the dentist chair, or perusing magazines in the checkout line, or sweating profusely on a treadmill - all of those are sweet morcels of alone time that recharge my battery.  I will run an extra kilometre for a few more moments to listen to some awesome tunes or a podcast that speaks to me in the midst of the busyness of life.


So, we'll see where I go from here.  (Well, since I'm on a treadmill - nowhere....)  I've always wanted to run a half-marathon and haven't yet.  So maybe 2011 will be my year to kick the crap out of 21km.  Here's hoping!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.