Monday, March 15, 2010 |

Finally a post!

I sure have not been doing a very good job of keeping up my blog lately. It's been over a month now! I've thought to myself on numerous occasions, "I should blog today", but then I come here, and don't really know what to say. I just feel kind of silent. The weird thing is, is I do have lots to say (when don't I?!), and lots of things floating around in my head.

I kind of find it therapeutic to be silent. We've had a lot going on around here these days, just with life, a growing family, a tougher pregnancy... and it's kind of nice just to be, and not worry about what others require or want from me. And instead of looking around for something or someone to fill me up, to just work on letting my Father do that. He does the best job, after all. :)

But here's some highlights from our household this last while:
  • Our due date is just 10 weeks away. While that feels like an eternity to me in some ways, I also know it will come SO fast. I'll be full term in just 7 weeks! And we're praying that we make it full term this time - but hopefully not too much past! (Isn't that every woman's hope?!) This baby just feels big (I was 9'3"!), so a bit early would be nice. We'll see.
  • Sam is still his hilarious, joyful little self. His sleeping is back to normal, praise God for that! He loves to colour, play outside, go "kadooing" with his Dad, and play any kind of sport that requires a ball. He's talking SO much more every day, it amazes me. I love knowing what he thinks and what he wants ("Mommy come downstairs NOW!"). We're excited to set up a play centre we bought for the backyard. We know Sam will just love it.
  • We're thinking about gutting our kitchen and redoing it. It's just so tiny, and it would be nice to have an easier workspace when there are 2 little people who want to help. Not to mention that Kris and I could be in the kitchen at the same time (!), which would be much more efficient. But, we also want to be humble and be good stewards of what we're given... so we're just praying about it for now to see if it'll work for us or not. We remember that we are blessed just to have a kitchen.
  • We can't wait for some warmer weather. Partly because that means our baby is closer, and partly because we all just love being outside. We're SO looking forward to camping, days at the beach, walks with 2 little ones, playing at the park with Sam. Winter sucks. But at least it appears to be on the way out!
I think that's it for now. And I'll try to be better and coming here more often!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.