Wednesday, November 25, 2009 |

Kris and Computers

Our computer has been doing some funny things lately. Which is odd, because we have a Mac, and Macs are perfect. (Haha... but seriously, we've had virtually NO problems in 2.5 years.)

So finally it comes out the other day:

Kris: "Well, I DID download some new program."
Sarah: "What new program?"
Kris: "It's called 'SilverLight'."
Sarah: "Well, why'd you download that for?"

(here's the best part...)

Kris: "Because CTV told me to."

Oh.

I laughed and laughed and laughed. Kris had said it perfectly straight-faced, but soon realized how ridiculous it was and started laughing, too.

It's interesting to me how ludicrous it sounded once we both thought about it. But the funny thing is, is how often we do things because we're told to - through social and cultural pressures, advertising, etc. But it sounds so much dumber when you actually verbalize that someone told you to.

Thanks, honey, for the funny things you say, and for your raw honesty. :) And for reminding us both how silly it is to do something just because someone/something told us to...

1 comments:

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.