Monday, November 16, 2009 |

Community

I crave community.

I have lots of friends. And I am blessed to have some really great close friends, with whom I can pray, and talk about my vulnerabilities, and be really real with. I've realized that I definitely don't lack friendship and companionship. In fact, I'm blessed beyond what I could have imagined in that area.

But I really crave community. A communal way of living. I just really don't believe that single-family homes, with high fences that keep our neighbours out, was the way we were meant to live. I think we're missing something so much more beautiful. So much more meaningful.

I'd love to bake bread with other women. Do chores with other women. Slow my life down, and enjoy those things that I simply view as "work" right now, just another thing on my list of "to-dos". (And oh, that list can look soooo long...!) Turn those things from work into pleasure. It almost feels totally impossible in this day and age. But I think it's possible. It would have it's share of challenges, I am sure. But so many blessings, too.

Maybe one day...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

me too friend. we should talk...

Avey said...

I didn't realize you were blogging! I'm excited to read about everything you write about.

Sarah C said...

Avey! I didn't know that you didn't know! I guess I haven't really made a big deal of "telling" people... I don't keep it up great... trying to be better. And I really enjoy writing stuff down, more than I thought.

Claire, definitely! I should get my Skype going... I just hate technology, so I kind of dread those things!

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.