Tuesday, October 13, 2009 |

Sam-isms

Sam is becoming such a little boy. And getting more and more of a personality. These are some of my favourite things about him:

  • We've taught him about kissing his owies better. Now, whenever he hurts himself, he'll instantly come over and bring the hurt body part to our lips. And then he's fine. Done. Yesterday he hurt his finger on something, and was crying so hard he was hardly breathing. I picked him up to soothe him, and right away he shoved his little hand to my mouth. I kissed his hand, and then he wanted "doowwwwn", and promptly left to play.
  • We do the "clean up" song. Sam's version sounds more like "pin tah, pin tah". Cute.
  • Bread, and all types of bread products are "bundy".
  • He loves playing on Kris and my "bet" (bed). He used to call it "bep". He constantly asks to go up there. When he was a baby, we'd always hang out on our bed, the three of us, playing and visiting before he went to bed. I wonder if that's why he likes being up there so much, because he knows it's special times.
  • He really watches what I do. One day, I found him offering my plant some of his water from his sippy cup. And he was making little smacking sounds, like I do when he offers it to me and I pretend to drink out of it.
  • Sometimes I catch him quietly looking at his books. Now he has started talking while he does it, as if he is reading.
  • He loves to count, "one, two". He'll often say it before he jumps or throws something.
  • Sam really loves when Kris and I are both home. He'll often say "mommy, daddy" quickly, over and over again, and it's like he's just reveling in having both of us at his disposal. I'm glad he likes us.
  • Sam will now say "I love you" back. It comes out like "I luh", and it's one of the most precious things my ears have heard.
This stage is a busy one. And it's a fun one. It is so fun watching Sam discover things, and learn how to communicate, and just be a little boy. There is just so much joy in him. I love that he is just a child and doesn't have any other worry. It amazes me how much trust he has. And it amazes me that at the end of a busy day, he just takes a deep breath, rubs his eyes, and drifts off to sleep. All things in Sam's world are right, and he feels safe, secure, and looked after. And that's all that matters to him.

Oh, to become a little child again! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I like my blog to be a conversation. Share your voice.